Having rashly offered to take mince pies along on Christmas Day, I’ve been spending an evening at home baking.
Thirty six mince pies later, I’m almost finished and I’m pleased to say that the results are pretty good. It must be said that I’m a Northerner and I strongly suspect that making pastry is in the blood. I’ve now decided to take some mince pies along to a Christmas Eve gathering as it’s pies galore here and to be honest I don’t think I can eat any more!
Tonight while I’ve been rolling out pastry, I’ve had a chance to reflect on the year past.
For the past few years I’ve written the Accomplishment List. At the end of each year I write down what I’ve accomplished that year, and I write the Accomplishment List for the coming year. In December 2011 my list for 2012 looked somewhat like this…
• Move to UK and rent short term flat
• Establish new career in UK/Europe
• Meet and fall in love with, a new man
• Consider getting a dog
• Financial goal – flexible while transitioning. Aim for £65,000
• Saving/spending – live sensibly while getting established
• Lose weight
• Get eating/diet back on track
• Maintain positive outlook
• Maintain old friends
• Develop and expand new friendships
• Qualify for mortgage
• Continue to learn french
With the exception of getting a dog and qualifying for a mortgage, I’ve done everything I set out to do this year.
I’m now busy writing my Accomplishment List for 2013 and on New Year’s Eve will spend some time reflecting on the year past and the year to come.
In the meantime, mince pie anyone?