Renovation Meltdown!

I’ve just had my first true Renovation Meltdown which, given the past twenty four hours isn’t entirely unreasonable. 

I was washing the ceiling rose to get the last of the residue off when I suddenly smelled smoke. There was a small burst of flame and the wiring blew in the light fitting. Water and electricity do not mix. 
Luckily no one was hurt (except my pride) but it was the catalyst for an emotional overload as I just wanted to get one job finished. The wiring wasn’t the only thing to blow in the front room this morning. 
I’m feeling better after a coffee and a sit down but the first homeless renovator’s tears were shed… they won’t be the last I  suspect!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s