Faster than you can say déja vu, Big T’s flight back from France was cancelled last night after a five hour delay. He spent the night in an airport hotel in Nice with an €80 bottle of wine he was bringing home. I feel slightly robbed.
Quick as a flash, I booked him on to a British Airways flight for Saturday evening. We’ll see if BA come through as they also cancelled their first flight of the day this morning. It doesn’t bode well.
Plan C is another EasyJet flight on Sunday.
Last year it was drone strikes over Gatwick which resulted in a three day delay and then he ended up in South End. I’m suggesting he rethinks the annual Christmas deadline…
On another note, the south western trains in the UK are affected by strikes and flooding so even if he makes it back tonight, there’s another challenge ahead as we’re off to Devon on Monday… hopefully!
Love travelling at Christmas!